Steel • Aluminum • Stainless • Concrete • Fiberglass • Wood • Stone Surfaces
– Similar hardness to many slags, 6.0 on Mohs scale
– Less media required to achieve equal or better results, 30-50% less glass than slags or mineral abrasives.
– Very low particle embedment (less than 2%) which produces a whiter(SP-10) finish.
– Superior rust-back performance vs. slag/mineral abrasives.
– Can clean aluminum, brass, copper and stainless steel without warping, excessive profiling, or surface damage.
– Chemically non-toxic and inert. Can be used near water.
– No detectable heavy or toxic metals such as arsenic, beryllium, cadmium, etc. which are commonly found in coal-slag and many mineral abrasives like garnet and staurolite.
– Glass is listed on the EPA’s Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines for Blasting Grit.
– 100% recycled material compliance with federal and state affirmative procurement guidelines.
– Available in 3 sizes
– Coarse 15 – 30 grit
– Medium 30 – 70 grit
– Fine 60 -100 grit